I’m posting this for you so you live in the freedom Jesus provides. It’s a great resource that I pray will help you to counter the lies with truth and to understand your identity in Jesus Christ.
Hopefully you’ll still find this helpful. Keep pressing on!
WHO I AM IN JESUS…
I am accepted…
- John 1:12 – I am God’s child.
- John 15:15 – As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
- Romans 5:1 – I have been justified [declared righteous].
- 1 Corinthians 6:17 – I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – I have been bought with a price, and I belong to God.
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 – I am a member of Christ’s body [the church].
- Ephesians 1:3-8 – I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
- Colossians 1:13-14 – I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
- Colossians 2:9-10 – I am complete in Christ.
- Hebrews 4:14-16 – I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.
I am secure…
- Romans 8:1-2 – I am free from condemnation.
- Romans 8:28 – I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
- Romans 8:31-39 – I am free from any condemnation brought against me, and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
- 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 – I have been established, anointed, & sealed by God.
- Colossians 3:1-4 – I am hidden with Christ in God.
- Philippians 1:6 – I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
- Philippians 3:20 – I am a citizen of Heaven.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – I have not been given the spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.
- 1 John 5:18 – I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me.
I am significant…
- John 15:5 – I am the branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
- John 15:16 – I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 – I am God’s temple.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 – I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
- Ephesians 2:6 – I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
- Ephesians 2:10– I am God’s workmanship.
- Ephesians 3:12 – I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
[Adapted From: Neil Anderson, Victory Over the Darkness]