To Those Who Will Pray –
Jesus once said, “In this world you will have trouble.” (John 16:33) When he said it, he wasn’t being prophetic; but rather he was being honest. He was simply speaking the truth. In fact, in another part of the conversation, he told them that the world would hate them because of their association with him.
Now, I’m not sure what they thought or felt at that moment, but I do know this. They ultimately had peace, and here’s how I know that. It’s because of what Jesus said right after declaring that they would have trouble. He said, “But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
In that moment he did what he has done countless times throughout the ages, he gave Himself as the solution to the problem…the answer to the question. He simply offered the reality of who He was, is and is to come; and that right there…in and of itself…is all we need no matter what we face.
In light of the vast trouble in this world, there are a number of ways we could pray in this next season; but I want to invite you to pray in two ways:
- For the persecuted Church around the world
- Our church right here in the QCA
I’ve provided some ways for us to do that together below.
Keep pressing on.
The Church around the world:
:: On Sunday, February 15, ISIS-affiliated terrorists beheaded 21 Egyptian Christians who were kidnapped in Libya. The terror group videotaped the beheadings. Pray for peace in Libya, Egypt, and the entire Middle East, as well as pray for the international community and their response – particularly during Sunday services, February 22.
:: Here are 5 ways to pray from Ephesians:
- Please pray persecuted believers would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:8).
- Pray the Holy Spirit would strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16).
- Please pray persecuted believers would know how much God loves them (Ephesians 3:17)
- Pray they would know how to share the gospel (Ephesians 6:19).
- Please pray persecuted believers would fearlessly tell others about Jesus (Ephesians 6:20).
:: How to Pray for Practical Needs
- Please pray persecuted believers would have access to a Bible.
- Pray they have the courage to remain in their homeland.
- Please pray for believers who have been rejected by family and friends. Pray that God would surround them with a new Christian “family” who loves them and supports them emotionally and physically.
- Pray for God to be an advocate for women who are socially vulnerable or have lost the custody of their children because of their faith.
- Please pray that God would provide persecuted believers with jobs and safe places to live.
Our church right here in the QCA
:: This is a busy and important season in the life of our church. We are advancing in our projects related to the Ericsson School building, operationalizing our strategic plan and preparing to launch a new church year…all as we continue to lead the church family to live loved, linked and SENT. It is a time where the Lord must show up, go before us and grant us favor. Please continue to pray that He will continue to do each of those things.
:: Pray for those who made life-changing decisions during our Renovate Series. This was an impactful series for many people. Pray that they would continue to invite God to renovate their lives.
:: Pray that the Heritage Church family will increasingly live linked through the winter Journey Groups, and that through those investments we will be a community that continues to multiplying disciples and leaders.
:: Pray the Lord will lead many people to a salvation experience through new life in Jesus. Pray for spiritual protection and for mature believers to come alongside and disciple them as they lean into that commitment.
:: Pray that the Lord, Jehovah-Nissi [“Our Banner”] will continue to go before us in the Ericsson School Building initiatives and in the preparations for our “Just 1” church celebration at the iWireless Center on April 26. Pray that he would grant us continued favor in every area, resources in all logistics and impact that brings Him glory.
:: Pray by name for the person/people God wants you to invite to connect with Him as we move towards Easter in our Heroes Series. Pray that God would draw many people into relationship with Him as we celebrate the most important event in human history…the resurrection our Lord.
:: Pray for the people who will come to a Heritage location during this season as we approach the Easter season. Pray they would encounter Jesus in new ways and go from ordinary to extraordinary by HIS power.